CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 29, 2008

This year's gardening effort


It is no secret that I have what you might call 'a black thumb'. Plants don't survive very long in my care - I don't know why. So anyway, early this spring I thought I'd start really small and throw some wildflower seeds in a patch of dirt outside our back door.

I had my hopes up that something might happen!! Then we got Dalbea. What ever was growing in my yard (not planted by me) disappeared within the first few months of him living with us. This little patch of dirt was not left alone either.

So imagine my surprise one day when I glanced out to see - A LITTLE PINK FLOWER!! (please pay no attention to the gigantic weed growing behind it!). It only lasted a day or two before Mr. Dog disappeared it. BUT I got a flower! YAY!

Perhaps next spring I'll try something in the front where Mr. Dog doesn't roam. At least this year I had him to blame for my failed gardening efforts. Next year - it will just be my fault!

0 comments: