CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 19, 2006

As "THE DAY" Approaches

I've been thinking a lot in the past few days as the day approaches for the arrival of our daughter - our little poppett - who has recently become known as 'poppy'. So I thought I'd share some of my thinking's with you.

The state of being in a time when a life changing and life giving event could begin its journey at any given moment is a rather strange place to be. I had my 39th week dr's appointment yesterday and things are 'just fine'. There have been no significant developments in the past week and we scheduled an appointment for next week - on my due date - and for the following week, by which time I would be over due.

That felt weird - I'm ready for our little poppett to make her entrance into this world ... but to think that in all reality it could be a few weeks before she decides she's ready. Actively waiting seems to be an oxymoron. Yet it is how this waiting game must be played. Life can't go on hold until labour begins. I have things that 'need' to get done and others that I would like to get done and sometimes I wish that Poppy would come so that I have yet another excuse to put the tasks off!!

Physically I'm doing great. I haven't yet reached the state of feeling as if I'm going to burst - for which I am very grateful! Still no strech marks (though I've been told they can come at the last minute so I'm not 'safe'!!) ... and I'm still moving about pretty easily! The Dr has predicted a 6 and a half to 7 and a half pound baby. I'm not sure she will be that tiny but we will see!

Emotionally I'm struggling. All the hormone changes means a very emotional mum to be ... it's a new experience and one I'm not liking too much. I hear it's completely normal so that does help with coping through the 'break down' moments.

Mum arrives on Saturday. I am SUPER excited to have her here ... things are always better when mum is around!

I'd best leave it here before I get too carried away. I'll post another picture soon.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully the next pictures will include 'poppy'!! Prayers n thoughts with everyone!! Safe n 'uneventful' delievery too. Say 'HI' to your mom for me. love you all.