CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 26, 2006

not yet

Poppy's due date has come and gone. Looks like she's joining the 'norm' of first babys arriving late. Although in my little world - my friends who have had their first in the past few years have mostly come a week early or on their due date - so that is what 'appears' to be the norm.

I had an appointment yesterday with a nurse-midwife, as my doctor is out of town this week. She understands that I want to have this birth as natural as possible so she told me of a root extract to take today to help stimulate labour in efforts to avoid the need for drugs to induce labour. So we shall see how that goes. She says that in her experience women go into labor within 24-48 hours when taking this ... so ... Poppy could be here before next week.

Stay tuned. In efforts to labor at home for a big part of it I might be on here to let you know that it's happening - but - I might not! I will however make sure that something gets posted when Poppy arrives.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers and excitement with us as we eagerly await the arrival of our daughter!

0 comments: