CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Now that Fall is well and truly here ... I'll tell you about our Summer

Part 10 of 10

A Few other Random Things

I was going to tell you all about my gardening attempts of this year but I don't have any pictures to help show off my efforts. So a brief 'story' will have to suffice.

Being able to play the piano, being able to knit, being able to paint/draw/sculpt, being able to cook gourmet style, being able to garden ... these are all things I would LOVE to be able to do and to do well ... if I had another life or two to live out ... perhaps some of these might become a reality. But, for the time being I have to be content just to potter around and do what I can and glean from others experience and willingness to come alongside and help me out.

Thus was my gardening adventure this year. My dear neighbour had oodles of extra tomato starter plants, so she plonked three in my little space along the fence (that our yards share) and I watered them. That was about it. I gave them water and once trimmed them up a bit, following the instructions of my dear neighbour. We got a great little harvest of cherry tomatoes that Renatah thoroughly enjoyed picking and 'testing' before discarding the remains.

I also planted some capsicum and chocolate cherry tomato plants in the back yard ... those didn't do too well. Out of sight - out of mind!!

Maybe one day with the right help and guidance I'll develop some gardening skills. One day ... one day!

Apart from that - the other thing we spent a lot of time doing this summer was walking to the park. They have a free lunch program all summer for kids ages 1-18 on week days. So at least once a week, when naps worked out in it's favor, we'd take a walk down to the park, have lunch and play a bit. It was a lovely filler in our day.

I don't have pictures of the tomatoes or the park - so here's a couple of random favourites from the summer instead.

Tait's first Vegemite Experience

Renatah's fascination with Bugs
Tait being a boy


Renatah playing with a puppy who won't run away and won't bite!