CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Immigration Update

On February 20th I had an appointment to get my 'biometrics' taken - a big word to mean the fingerprint of my right index finger, my signature and my photo. All this had already been taken for my 'change of status' to conditional resident back in December ... but this was now for my 'permission to work' card that I applied for in April '06.

On March 1st my 'permission to work' card arrived in the mail and it's validity dates are from April 27 '06 to March 10 '08. Craziness! The thing was valid a year before I actually got it - something is not quite right in their system!

All that being said I was able to go to the Social Security office and apply for my number. So it has achieved it's purpose. Now Tim can claim me as a dependant on his tax return and if something just so happens to come up - I could get a job. I won't be actively seeking anything at the moment though. I have actually been able to pick up some baby sitting here and there that is providing a little extra 'spending money' which is nice! We thank the Lord for those provisions. I don't want to leave Renatah in day care - so doing something where I can take her along is just perfect!

Thanks for your interest and prayers - we now await the infamous 'green card' which will signal my change of status to a 'conditional resident'!

Naomi

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Naomi, Tim and bubby girl Renatah!

I know this is pretty late in coming but I just wanted to say a great big thankyou for keeping up with your blog pictures and updates on the happenings in each of your lives. Every time I see the page I just want to rush over and meet our beautiful little niece and give her a giant cuddle!! I particularly love seeing and hearing the video ones of her!
Anyhow, Love to you all, and thankyou again for all the effort you are putting in to keeping us in touch.

Jenny (& Phil too!)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful News!!